Alan B. Pearl & Associates, P.C.
Founded in 1982, Alan B. Pearl & Associates, P.C. is a full service law firm which represents and consults with management in all aspects of employment law and labor relations. Our team of attorneys handles matters in three distinct areas: employment litigation, counseling, and labor relations. Our clients range from small privately-held companies to national corporations listed on the stock exchange.
Our attorneys handle employment cases in federal and state court involving wage and hour disputes, discrimination, sexual harassment, medical leave including pregnancy leave, wrongful discharge, ERISA, employment agreements, and restrictive covenants. We also represent management before the federal and state Departments of Labor, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the State Divisions of Human Rights, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
We also advise management and human resources professionals to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws regarding wage and hour issues, hiring and termination of employees, discipline, and medical leave problems. Our attorneys work with companies to develop handbooks, employment agreements, restrictive covenants, and other documents necessary for compliance with applicable employment laws. We conduct wage and hour audits and provide training to management in harassment and discrimination prevention.
Additionally, our firm provides services addressing all facets of traditional labor relations. Our attorneys are prepared to assist with labor negotiations, grievances, arbitration, and opposing union organization efforts. We also defend unfair labor practice charges before the National Labor Relations Board.
Alan B. Pearl & Associates prides itself on the exceptional and personalized service it provides to clients. Our attorneys are well aware that timing is critical in labor relations and employment matters and deliver representation that is cost-effective and practical.
Our practice areas include:
- Wage and Hour Violations (DOL)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Sexual Harassment (Title VII, New York and New York City Human Rights Laws)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Disability Discrimination (ADA)
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Unemployment Insurance Audits
- Older Workers Benefit Protection Act (OWBPA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- Mass Layoffs (WARN)
- Equal Pay Act (EPA)
- Service Contract Act (SCA)
- Negotiation of Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Labor Arbitration
- Labor Disputes
- Labor Relations Board Proceedings (NLRB)
- Unfair Labor Practices
- Union Relations
- Labor Legislation & Regulation
- Labor Management Relations Act (LMRA)
EMPLOYMENT & WORKPLACE ISSUES
- Employee Relations
- Employment Discrimination Training
- Personnel Policies & Procedures
- Policy Manual and Handbook Preparation
- Record Keeping
- Restrictive Covenants and Employment Agreements
- Wrongful Termination
- Employee vs. Independent Contractor Audits
- Wage and Hour Audits